Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Final Post!

Well it has been a long journey, but now, here comes the final post!

So I have now conducted my research and through my survey I have gotten a response from 24 people. My survey went through a glitch ( so sad)  so I can only say for certain that 7 girls and 8 boys have answered my survey. They were mainly however around the ages of 16 and older. I had asked them a series of questions and the response was a little surprising. Only 4 of the 24 people reported that their parents were divorced  and only 1 of them said they did NOT feel like they had a good relationship with their parents. I thought that this was very good and surprising. Even though the parents may have gone through struggles, 3 of the 4 still maintain good relationships with their parents, even if they may live in separate homes from them. I commend those parents because that is just great that they provide a good family life for their children to be able to have a comfortable home environment. However, there were 3 people who believed they didn't feel they had a good relationship with their parents, even if their parents weren't divorced. 2 of the 3 people considered themselves to be rebellious and also rated themselves extremely low on saying whether or not they felt supported by their parents.

These results surprised me because there were more negative results from teens with in tact families as opposed to teens with divorced parents. In tact family teens seem to have more issues with their parents more so than the teens of divorcees. I personally thought my results would be the other way around. However, regardless of their parent's marital status, I am happy to say 100% of the people said they believe in true love. So I guess it's not just a hopeless dream, people still believe and want true love. And with that note, thank you for reading this blog!!

No comments:

Post a Comment